Friday, April 25, 2014

It's Arbor Day

...Whatever that means.

arbor, n. A leafy, shady recess formed by tree branches, shrubs, etc. 
       ~Dictionary.com     

So... what are we celebrating on Arbor Day again? Tree branches? Shrubs? I mean, we already had Earth Day. Three days ago, in fact. Now we have Arbor Day. What's next? Fire Day? Water Day? Venus Day, maybe. I don't know. 

But once again, Dictionary.com is my friend.

Arbor Day, n. A day, varying in date but always in the spring, observed in certain states of the U.S. by the planting of trees. 

So, as far as I can tell... it's basically like a second Earth Day. Except with more trees. 

I still think it's redundant. 

All hail Tree Day! Which is right after Earth Day!

Am I the only one who doesn't think this was thought through well enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment