Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is Risen

Today is Resurrection Sunday. Easter Sunday, if you'd prefer that. It's not a holiday (holy-day) that I can ignore. It's not one that any of us can or should ignore.

Matt Walsh said it much better than I can, but I'm a writer, so I'll give it my own shot as well. (Though I hope you'll follow that link. It's a very good, fairly succinct post.)

Jesus Christ came to Earth as both man and God incarnate. He walked the land, he gave irrefutable proof that he was the Son of God.

Then, he died a painful, lonely, humiliating death.

After three days, he rose from the dead and appeared to a lot of people--seriously, a lot. At one point he appeared to over five hundred people at one time, but that's kind of beside the point.

After a time, Jesus ascended into heaven. Now I believe he's waiting. At the end of time, he'll come back for his followers.

That's what I believe. Today we Christians celebrate the day when Jesus rose from the dead.

He is risen.

He is risen indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment