Friday, June 27, 2014

There Was a Shooting in Anchorage Today

I don't know all the details, but I do know that just outside the Mountain View Boys & Girls Club four or five shots were fired and one person was non-critically injured.

The reason I'm reporting this incident specifically here is that I was volunteering for a Vacation Bible School run by my church, and that VBS was taking place at the Boys & Girls Club.

No one was hurt. I thank God for that. There were about twenty-odd kids outside, myself and my sister included, and we were fifty to a hundred yards from where it happened. But no one was hurt. Thanks to the adults who were with us, everyone got into the Club building, we went into lockdown, and everyone was safe. Everyone was scared, granted. I was scared out of my mind. But we were okay. I'm okay, and even more thankfully, my sister is okay. And my younger brother's seemingly-selfish decision not to attend VBS is a decision I've never been more thankful for.

Thank you, God, for protecting us.

Anchorage Daily News article.

KTUU video and article.

No comments:

Post a Comment