Monday, December 17, 2012

My Favorite Cats

**Warning: This blog may be weirder and/or contain more spoilers than previous posts on this blog. If you cannot stand weirdness and/or spoilers, leave this blog right now.**

Happy Christmas break, everyone! Yup, today is our first day of Christmas break, so to celebrate, I'm going to talk about my current second-favorite series, Warriors!*
Since I already gave you the gist of the series,* today I'm going to talk about my all-time favorite--and all-time least favorite--cats in the series!


Favorites

Jayfeather--Mottled gray tabby tom with blind--
*Muted crash* *Sound of scuffling* Jayfeather, get away from my computer! Okay, sorry about that. Jayfeather tried to hack into my account. As I was saying:

Jayfeather--Mottled gray tabby tom with blind blue eyes.
Jayfeather has to be my all-time favorite cat of the entire series. He's a medicine cat, meaning he knows how to use herbs to heal wounds. He's pretty cranky in general, but underneath that he is very sweet. Despite being blind, he has the power to walk in other cats' dreams, along with reading their thoughts & memories. The thing that annoys him most is people cats referring to his blindness or pitying him because of it. Oh, and I hate Leaf--
*Muted crash* *Sound of cat screeching* Jayfeather, for the last time! Get away from the computer or I'll call Leafpool! Sorry. I think he's gone for good now. On with the post:

Ivypool--Silver-and-white tabby she-cat with dark blue eyes.
I like Ivypool because she's brave. She doesn't have any special powers like certain cats, but she's willing to spy in the Dark Forest for her Clan. Ivypool risks her life nightly. The thing that annoys her most is being compared to her ultra-perfect sister, Dovewing.

Phew, I got through that one without any interruptions! Maybe this'll go better than I thought.

Bluestar--Blue-grey she-cat with brilliant ice-blue eyes.
If you've referred to my other post (or better yet, read the series), you know that the suffix -star means that the cat is leader of their Clan. Bluestar is leader of ThunderClan at the beginning of the series, and she's both my favorite female warrior and my favorite leader. She was mentored (trained) by the former leader of ThunderClan, Sunstar. She did go somewhat crazy after her deputy Tigerclaw betrayed her, but she spent the last of her nine lives saving her clanmates from a dog pack. She is a strong, patient leader and few things annoy her. Don't listen to that, Bluestar was a weak piece of fox-
*Loud crash* *Sound of sirens in distance* Tigerstar! Off! Yes, you heard me, off the computer! You hear that? That's the StarClan Safety Patrol on their way to pick you up! Don't you dare touch that keyboard! Don't make me use this fire extinguisher!
*Sound of cat screeching* *Muted sound of car screeching out of driveway* Phew! Is there no peace here? Hang on, I'm going to get a security guard over here to keep these cats away from the computer. Please stand by...

Okay, Yellowfang's got a patrol guarding the perimeter, so I will now proceed with my least favorite cats from the series...


Least Favorites

Spottedleaf--Lithe dark tortoiseshell-and-white she-cat with large amber eyes.
Spottedleaf is a Sue--a character who's perfect, beautiful, who always does the right thing and whom everyone loves. Firestar first falls in love with her, but she dies a heroic death (of course) while trying to keep a litter of kits from being kidnapped. She is a medicine cat who often walks in Jayfeather's dreams. She has been accused of stalking Firestar & his family members.
 
Yellowfang? What are you doing with that sack? And that duct tape! Did you ask if you could get that from the office--
*Muffled scuffling* *Sound of cat screeching* *Sound of door slamming*
Okay, this is Yellowfang. I locked Aurelia in the closet. She's giving Spottedleaf, and us medicine cats in general, a bad name! No, Spottedleaf, I won't let her out anytime soon. That mouse-brain deserved it--what the DF? How the hey do you work this thing? Stupid computer--augh! That's frinking it! No, Raggedstar, I haven't been reading Guardians of Ga'Hoole! Get off my case! Spottedleaf, you take over.
Thank you, Yellowfang. Spottedleaf here. I am not a Sue! And I am not stalking Firestar! I love him! And I'm trying to help Jayfeather and get him to see what he's meant to do! And how is it my fault that I'm pretty?
*Sound of door slamming* *Sound of cats screeching*
Okay, I'm back. I threw Yellowfang out the window and stuffed Spottedleaf under my bed. Raggedstar is on guard duty now. Don't listen to anything Spottedleaf said above. She is a stalker and a Sue! Now, on with my least favorites...
 
Dovewing--Smoky grey she-cat with brilliant blue eyes.
Dovewing is Ivypool's sister and a total Sue. She is perfect, beautiful, and to top it all off, has a special power--she can see, hear, and smell things far away from her. Her perfectness annoys Ivypool, and almost causes Ivypool to join the Dark Forest.
 
Firestar--Lithe ginger tom with a flame-colored pelt and brilliant emerald eyes.
Firestar isn't quite so much of a Sue as Spottedleaf or Dovewing, but he's still too perfect for my taste. His flaw is that he is extremely paranoid and afraid that he will mess up as leader. He has quite a large family, despite being a kittypet (house cat) before joining ThunderClan. He is mate to Sandstorm, father to Squirrelflight and Leafpool, uncle to Cloudtail, great-uncle to Whitewing, great-great-uncle to Dovewing and Ivypool, and grandfather to Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf. He is also known to--
*Sound of glass breaking* *Sound of multiple cats screeching* Ahhh! Help! Raggestar! Yellowfang just launched a full-on attack, so I think we might need to--ouch! Squirrelflight, get off me! I didn't mean to diss your father--augh, don't do that, Nightcloud! Please! You don't know how much money that cost! Okay, I need to deal with this, so I'm signing off for--help! Russetfur, over here!
*Signal lost*
 
*Please see previous blog, 'Warrior Cats'.

No comments:

Post a Comment