Wednesday, April 11, 2012

MM&M

 To start, MM&M is probably is a weird title. But I like it (that's probably one of my weird writer quirks). MM means Memory Master, which I just finished by testing with our CC Director, Mrs. Kelso. I'm one of sixteen Memory Masters this year (from both our Tuesday group and our Wednesday group). Incidentally, I was the last Memory Master that Mrs. Kelso tested this year.
Another update from my world: M is for Moving. We are moving (again)! This time we're headed to Alaska, with a brief stopover in Oklahoma for Dad's pilot training. This development is a coin with two sides (I'll elaborate in a moment).
 For one, this is an adventure. I'll be visiting Oklahoma, one of the best areas in the west (in my opinion, of course). I'll be staying for about three months on an Air force base with planes flying over head all day (that's actually an asset, in my opinion; the sound of planes sooths me). Also, when we get to Anchorage, we'll be on the edge of wilderness--I think this might be a chance for me to get inspired for my novel(s). Plus, there's lots and lots of snow in Alaska, so it'll be a chance to cool down after our stay in hot, hot Miami.
 On the flip side of the 'coin', I'm not terribly excited about moving again. I kind of liked Florida, and besides, no matter how much I like (or dislike) a place, moving is always a huge hassle: we have to pack up personal belongings for the move itself. Then the movers come, and they have to pack everything in the whole entire house up and put it in boxes to take it up to Alaska. Then, once we find a house there (which also takes forever), we have to unpack everything and get it all situated in the new house--although getting a new house is one of the good sides of moving.
 So that's the update. As to novel news, I finished the first book and am about seven pages into the next. Things are going good, except for the fact that I'm feeling really insecure about the sequel (is that normal?)
 And that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment